Summertime is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors, but the heat can be unbearable at times. If you donâ€™t have central air conditioning in your apartment, then you likely have an air conditioning unit that you have to window mounted. These units work hard to keep you cool, so itâ€™s important that you take care of them. Here are five tips for apartment air conditioning unit maintenance:
1. Keep it clean â€“ Over time, your air conditionerâ€™s filters will get clogged with dust and debris. This can cause the unit to work harder than it needs to, which can lead to premature wear and tear. To avoid this, be sure to clean the filters regularly.
2. Keep the area around it clear â€“ Itâ€™s important that there is adequate airflow around your air conditioner. If the unit is blocked by furniture or other objects, it wonâ€™t be able to work as efficiently.
3. Donâ€™t use it as a space heater â€“ In the winter, it can be tempting to use your air conditioner to help heat your apartment. However, this can put a lot of strain on the unit and shorten its lifespan.
4. Schedule regular maintenance â€“ Just like any other appliance in your home, your air conditioner needs to be properly maintained. Be sure to have it serviced by a professional at least once a year.
5. Know when to replace it â€“ Even with proper maintenance, air conditioners donâ€™t last forever. If your unit is more than 10 years old, it might be time to start shopping for a replacement.
By following these tips, you can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running properly for years to come.
1. Check the coils
The coils on your air conditioner unit need to be kept clean so that the unit can function properly. You can clean the coils yourself with a brush or by vacuuming them.
2. Change the filter
You should change the filter on your air conditioner unit every month. A dirty filter will make your unit work harder and will not be as effective at cooling your apartment.
3. Keep the unit level
Your air conditioner unit needs to be level in order to work properly. You can check this by putting a level on top of the unit.
4. Keep the area around the unit clear
You should keep the area around your air conditioner unit clear so that the unit can get the air it needs to function properly.
5. Have the unit serviced regularly
You should have your air conditioner unit serviced by a professional every year. This will help to keep the unit working properly and will also help to extend its life.