are probably going to be the big ones like Yelp, Google, and Facebook. But there are also some great, more niche sites out there. If you’re looking for a specific type of business or service, you might want to check out one of these:
– Angie’s List: A site where you can read reviews of local businesses and services, as well as find deals and coupons.
– Citysearch: Another review site, with a slightly different focus than Angie’s List.
– Foursquare: A social media/review site that lets you “check in” to businesses and rate them.
– Canalysnavigationforum: A directory of local businesses, with some user-generated reviews and ratings.
– Superpages: A directory of local businesses, with some user-generated reviews and ratings.
– Yellow Pages: The old-school directory, now available online.
These are just a few of the many, many local business directories and review sites out there. And while they can all be useful, it’s important to remember that not all of them are created equal. Some are better than others, and some are more useful for certain types of businesses than others.
So, what’s the best way to use these sites? Here are a few tips:
– First, take the time to create profiles for your business on as many of these sites as possible. The more places your business is listed, the easier it will be for customers to find you.
– Second, actively encourage your customers to leave reviews on these sites. The more positive reviews you have, the better.
– Third, monitor what’s being said about your business on these sites, and respond to both positive and negative reviews. This shows that you’re paying attention, and it can help to turn a negative review into a positive one.
Following these tips should help you get the most out of the local business directories and review sites. And who knows, you might even find a few new customers in the process!