I was walking through the mall not long ago, when I was stopped in my tracks by a demonstration for Breville kitchen appliances.
I really didn’t know much about this Australian company, but a few minutes of watching the demonstrations and playing with the citrus juicer made my heart beat with excitement.
I left there saying to myself: I NEED that citrus juicer badly.
1) The Breville 800CPXL Die-Cast Stainless-Steel Motorized Citrus Press is the sexiest juicer I’ve ever seen. You can literally press any citrus fruit (orange, lemon, mandarine, tangerine, clementine, lime or grapefruit) with one finger because the machine is that easy to use.
We’re talking about a citrus juicer with these features:
- Brushed stainless steel
- Industrial strength
- Quiet motor
- Super simple to operate
- Easy to clean (both the removable strainer and juice basin are easy to hand wash)
- Presses a small lime as perfectly as it presses grapefruits
- Comes with two stainless steel filters for variable pulp control
- Presses an 8-oz glass of orange juice in less than one minute
From the feedback and comments I’ve read here and there, the vast majority of people seem to be quite pleased with their Breville 800CPXL Die-Cast Stainless-Steel Motorized Citrus Press. But as incredible as I find the Breville 800CPXL Die-Cast Stainless-Steel Motorized Citrus Press, I would have to fork out over $200 to buy it. I decided to do a bit more research and see if there might not be a cheaper alternative that also works well.
2) I found that the Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer was the number one citrus juicer sold on Amazon.com and 80 per cent of people were quite happy with their purchase. Here’s another kicker — this juicer is less than $25!
From the comments I read, it seems that buyers find this juicer quite easy to operate and quite easy on the wrist.
The Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer juicer seems to be fairly small (so it won’t take up too much counter space) and it’s easy to clean.
The interesting thing about the Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer is that a number of people who have orange trees on their properties and who use it daily seem to feel this is a great purchase.
Well, I guess, this might be one to consider since it’s a small investment.
I felt quite happy when I found the Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus Citrus Juicer, but then I discovered another citrus juicer that got so many glorious reviews I had to rethink the whole thing!
3) Oxo Good Grips Wooden Reamer manual citrus juicer is another way of extracting juice from my oranges, limes and lemons. I saw a similar model in a kitchen shop a few weeks ago and almost bought it, but then stopped myself because I wasn’t sure if it was going to be easy on the wrist or not. From the testimonials, it’s obvious that the old school method of extracting juice is still incredibly powerful. I will get one of these to keep in my kitchen as a back up to the electric model I’ll be buying.
4) Metrokane Mighty OJ Manual Juicer, Chrome is a bit reminiscent of the ’50s, but with a contemporary flair. I quite like the design, but it was not clear from the comments if this was worth the price or not.
5) The Chef’n Juicester Citrus Juicer and Reamer is one of the rare citrus juicers that is almost unanimously liked by buyers! It’s a sophisticated manual juicer so it might not be the best if you want juice for a larger family, but if it’s for a couple of people … this might be a great juicer!
The Chef’n Juicester Citrus Juicer and Reamer is less than $16 and I think this might be one starting point in my quest to drinking fresh orange juice! Other things that are quite attractive about this citrus juicer are that it is anti-slide and ergonomically designed!
I have five good contenders here. I’m definitely buying the Oxo Good Grips Wooden Reamer, but then I need to figure out which more robust citrus juicer I’ll buy among the rest on this list.
Have you bought any of the citrus juicers on this list? If so, I’d love to hear from you and learn from your experience! Just leave your comment below.